Maryland Landlords Polices coverage

Request a Quote

Landlords Polices coverage

Landlords Polices

Landlord Protection Insurance

Landlord Protection insurance is residential rental property insurance for landlords who rent one to four-unit occupied properties, from single family homes and condo units to duplexes and fourplexes. More than just protection from damage, it also protects you from certain types of liability unique to landlords, such as wrongful eviction and entry.

Whether you only need a landlord insurance policy with coverage for the most common types of losses or a fully-loaded policy that offers more protection, T. L. Brown Insurance group gives you the flexibility to choose. Contact us for personal advice about product availability in your area and how much coverage is right for you. We’ll help you make sure your residential rental property is properly protected.

While your landlord Insurance insures the structure of your rental apartment or home, it’s up to the renters to protect its interior, personal belongings and assets against a possible loss, such as theft, fire or other damage.

Is Renters Insurance right for you?

Do you own clothing, cameras, a computer, jewelry, a bicycle, a television, artwork, furniture, antiques, coin collections, or other valuable items? If fire damaged or destroyed the building, who would help pay for the loss of your personal possessions? Who would take care of your extra living expenses if you had to move into temporary quarters such as a hotel? And what about personal liability? If your guest is accidentally hurt or if a family member hurts a guest or damages property, it could result in a lawsuit. T. L. Brown Insurance Group Renters Insurance is an affordable package of protection specially designed to answer all these situations.

Vacant Dwelling, Renovations, Brand New
Construction, and Vacant Commercial Buildings

While your vacant dwelling is waiting for new renters or owners, or just simply waiting, you can rest assured it’s properly protected. As your partner in property protection, we also can quickly and seamlessly transition your Vacant Dwelling policy to Landlord Insurance. 

What coverages is provided?

  • Named peril coverage. Our "basic form" policy protects your vacant dwelling from fire, windstorm, hail, vandalism, smoke, sprinkler leakage, lightning, explosion, vehicle damage, sinkhole collapse, aircraft damage and volcanic action.
  • All risk coverage available. For broader protection, our "special form" policy provides coverage for all causes of loss unless specifically excluded from the policy. Our "special form" policy also provides theft coverage for properties with an active central station fire and burglar alarm.
  • Property coverage available up to $5 million limit of insurance.
  • General liability coverage available. Select this coverage for financial protection up to $1 million should you be found legally responsible for an accident on the property that causes injury to others.
  • Easily transition to a landlord insurance policy. Is your vacant property now ready to rent? Your vacant dwelling insurance policy can easily be converted to a landlord insurance policy with a simple endorsement.
  • Multiple locations. If you have more than one vacant dwelling in the same state, we can provide coverage with just one policy.
  • Flexible policy terms. We write 3-, 6- and 12-month policies in most states.
  • Flexible payment options. Installments are available for 6- and 12-month policies including the ability to pay online any day, any time.
  • Solid protection.  Our coverage is provided by a carrier with a group rating of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, the leading rating agency for the insurance industry.

Our Partners

See more

  • AAA Insurance
  • Acuity
  • American Modern
  • Arch Property
  • Argonaut
  • Auto Owners Insurance
  • Columbia Insurance
  • Continental western group
  • EMC Insurance
  • EMC Life Insurance
  • FMH
  • FMI Associates
  • Great Northern Insurance
  • Great American
  • Grinnell Mutual
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • Travelers
  • United Fire